HEKDESH members and the wider Dorot community may nominate not-for-profit organizations each year, according to the Nominations Rubric set by the Grantmaking Committee.
Nominations season begins in the late winter of each year and closes in early spring. Following the close of nominations, member contributions are confirmed and collected and voting begins. Finalists are selected by the beginning of May, at which point members are required to send their final round chip allocation information to the Grantmaking Committee. In the beginning of June, final results are announced, followed by an evaluation of the grantmaking process and outcome over the summer.
At this time, HEKDESH does not accept unsolicited requests for grants.
Grantees By Year:
All grantees by alpha:
- 972: Advancement of Citizen Journalism (+972 Magazine), 2011-2012
- African Refugee Development Center, 2010-2011
- Alyn Hospital, 2006-2007
- Association for Civil Rights in Israel (ACRI), 2012-2013
- ASSAF: Aid Organization for Refugees and Asylum Seekers in Israel, 2007-2008, 2011-2012, 2012-2013
- ATZUM – Task Force on Human Trafficking, 2009-2010, 2011-2012
- Bema’aglei Tzedek, 2010-2011
- Bustan, 2007-2008
- Darfur Stoves Project, 2008-2009
- Economic Empowerment for Women, 2010-2011
- Encounter, 2006-2007
- The Hotline for Migrant Workers, 2012-2013
- ITIM: The Jewish Life Information Center, 2009-2010
- Table to Table: M’Shulchan L’Shulchan, 2008-2009
- Negev Institute for Strategies of Peace and Development: AJEEC, 2009-2010
- Partners in Health, 2006-2007
- Polaris Project, 2007-2008
- Project Peanut Butter, 2008-2009
- Partners in Health, 2009-2010