Past Learning Content
In 2010, HEKDESH piloted two unique learning series focused on tzedakah.
Tzedakah Salons were face-to-face gatherings organized locally in Israel and the U.S. The groups discussed and reflected on a diversity of texts and stories focused on Jewish giving.
Tzedakah Learning Pods (TLPs) consist of small groups (of 3-4 people) who self-organize monthly, in person or virtually, to discuss resources and texts on tzedakah. Discussion materials are provided by the HEKDESH Learning Committee.
We have included our past year’s educational content below for use by the broader Dorot community and others. We encourage you to provide feedback on any content used at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tzedakah Learning Pods – Year 1
- TLP Session #1: You, the Tzedakah’ist
- TLP Session #2: Whose Money Is It Really? Ownership, Motivation, and Tzedakah
- TLP Session #3: What and How Much to Give
- TLP Session #5: Where to Give
- TLP Session #6: My Tzedakah Plan
- Tzedakah Salon Session 2011: Money Moses and Me, the Role of Money and Giving in our Lives
(Note: Tzedakah Learning Pod Session #4 has not been included due to personal content.)
Tzedakah Learning Pods – Year 2
- TLP Session #1: Money and Me
- TLP Session #2: Consumption
- TLP Session #3: The Heart
- TLP Session #4: Planned and Unplanned Giving
- TLP Session #5: Hekdesh Nominees
- TLP Session #6: Re-vision Renewal Rethinking
- Tzedakah Stories – Retreat 2010 Facilitator’s Guide
- Tzedakah Stories – Retreat 2010 Handout
- Tzedakah on the Street